Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

MUSIC | FGR: Marsha Ambrosius Pays Tribute To Teena Marie

By: BitterSweet

On December 26th, CBS NEWS announced that R&B sensation Teena Marie passed away. Marie was definitely a female gone rogue. Started off as the protegee of Rick James and later became a household name making hits that included "Cassanova Brown" ''Portuguese Love" and "Deja Vu (I've Been Here Before)" and much more.

Tuesday, Marsha Ambrosius paid tribute to Marie at the North London’s Dingwalls.
Ambrosius says:
“She used to do ‘Say Yes’ in her set, and that’s how we got talking…” Ambrosius revealed, playing her version of the song to the crowd through a laptop. “Back when I thought I was recording a solo album I was like, ‘I love ‘Portuguese Love’ and I love ‘Yes Indeed’ and I would love to cover it,’ and she gave me the ‘Okay girl!’”

“Then she heard it and she gave me approval. That means a lot to me; for a singer to respect you is like a whole other thing… To have the respect of someone like that is like, I’m doing the right thing with my life…”

ENJOY.

♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment