Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

FEMΔLE GONE ROGUE OF THE WEEK: Whitley

Meet Whitley.
1. What is the best part about being a female?


The best part about being a female is realizing how strong we really are and using it to the best of our advantage - i love being a female, we can get away with so much and it would all be sociably acceptable if you really think about it..


2. Who is your role model?


I don't necessary have just one role model - my role model is whoever and whatever inspires me and makes me want to do better whether it be attitude, style... my role model is Positivity, Meaning, & Optimism - Definitely Motivation.



3. Who is your fashion icon?


Believe it or not, I don't get my fashion from celebrities & I do not care to label them my icons but I do however look at my female peers and get my inspiration from them. I feel like when I look at a celebrity or such a person like that, that their fashion is so superficial. however, when I look at a stranger walking through the streets of DC or Frisco, they have more originality to their style - I like that. Someone who gets their inspiration from somewhere but can put a twist of their own taste to it.



4. Ethnicity/ Where are you from?


I'm proud to say that I am 50/50 Jamaican & Filipino -
You never really hear of that mix too much, that's why I take so much pride in my ethnicity :) though, I do hold on to me filipino roots more than my jamaican roots - It's all good though, I still got love for the Rastafarians ;) I was born in Parkridge, Illlinois & tend to move around a lot as a child only because my step father was in the military (still is, btw). I've been quite a few places but I will forever call California my _h o m e!



5. Where is your favorite place to shop?


My favorite place to shop is definitely online! The biggest store with so much variety!Rright?! :) - but, I like urban places though - urban outfitters def! umm, H&M & FXX1 on a good day.. 80's Purple is legit, too! I'm open to new places, so if anyone has suggestions ;) just holler .



6. What do you do on your free time?


I'm a hair stylist, so a lot of my time is spent on hair - if im not doing hair, I'm on youtube looking at hair & make-up tutorials or just plain shopping online... nothing wrong with a little 'window' shopping :D I like to go on adventures with friends, but virginia doesn't really give me too many options!



7. Favorite era


...





8. Music/ What are you currently into?


I don't discriminate on music - I'm open to whatever that, again, has meaning - I'm not too into the garbage that some people put out although, sometimes the beat does get to me.. I like neo-soul, r&b, oldies, reggae, island music, acoustic...



9. Plans for the future?


My plans for the future is to be a salon owner - work under myself because I've gotten a taste of what it's like and it tastes like sweet victory! I plan on implementing hair styling, barbering, make-up artistry, photography, and hopefully massage therapy. That right there, ladies and gentlemen, would be a huge dream accomplished. I would love to travel around the world to see what else is out there and what I'm missing out on. I've got lots of plans for my future and I'm so excited to watch it all unravel sooner than later!



10. How do you feel about FGR? / What do you want to bring to the table?


I think Female Gone Rogue is the cutest idea ever! It brings opportunity for young woman, like myself, to express themselves just as they want to - with all the great ideas, creativity, and positive energy. I believe that there is a great future for this kickass team of strong minded females. w/ so much variety, I'm sure there will never be a dull moment. I hope to share my experiences with other people and inspire others as they have inspired me. I always like to see people achieve goals and do good - I like to see young ladies take on obstacles in front of them as if it were nothing.





No comments:

Post a Comment