Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

FGR MOVIE REVIEW: Salt


Before becoming a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt swore an oath to duty, honor, and country. She will prove loyal to these when a defector accuses her of being a Russian sleeper spy. Salt goes on the run, using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative to elude capture, protect her husband, and stay one step ahead of her colleagues at the CIA. 
[Movie summary from Yahoo! Movies]

Who is Salt?...
is the exact question I kept asking myself through out the whole movie. Some parts of the film made me convinced I knew exactly who & what Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie) stood for, but the next scene would prove me wrong. I absolutely love Angelina Jolie in action movies. She has the rough & tough look, but is sexy beyond belief.



This film was very interesting to say the least. It made me ponder about how the American government, as well as other country's government, deal with terrorism & threats of killing masses or even the President. To think of people basically growing up & trained all their lives to kill & "fight for their country." Some even go as far as living a fake life all their lives. This film not only provided me with cool  actions scenes, but also another perspective on how different peoples lives can be & what people out there live for. 
Btw, I admired her hair. Well, maybe because it's similar to mine. HA! Blunt bangs & dark, long hair FTW! ;]
As for Evelyn Salt, she never did completely stick to the plan, but she sure did stick to what she wanted. She is definitely a FEMALE GONE ROGUE.

♥♀Δ
FGR, sunshine

1 comment:

  1. I heard somewhere that this role was actually written for a male actor, but then someone (the director maybe?) decided to cast Angelina Jolie instead! that's some rogue shit =]

    ReplyDelete