Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

FGR'S OWN | ΔNSWERS: My Style

Someone on our Formspring asked all of us:
What is style to you and what is your sense of style?

If there's anything you'd like to ask, please do so!
 [click here] to ask!

Style is showing people who don't know you, a sense of who you are, without saying anything. Although with that said, style doesn't determine who a person is. My style is very versatile. I love trying on different kinds of looks with a twist of who I am. 

Style is art. Your body is the canvas and what you put on is the paint. I don't have a specific style. But I mostly wear loose fitting tops and shorts. Makeup and hair is also just as important, if not more, than clothes.

Britnay
Style is a form of creativity. It's a work of art that an individual likes to express. Whether its fashion, music, music, film, etc. It's visually a personal opinion between one or more people that they feel they should share with the world.

 my style is based off my mood really. wherever the wind takes me. lol. well when it comes to fashion, i #1 like comfort. I'm obsesed with prints. So you will different types of textures, stripes, geometric prints, etc in my closest. I like constrasting my look too. I like to put something so girly & colorful with something dark and earth tone-ish.

with film, the style i like is ones that make you think. the ones you really have to pay attention to. and the weird surrealistic ones like Ed Wood and Edward Scissorhands.

with music, soul, funk, electro, dance. Something with a mellow beat that you can groove to.
Style is your own personal creativity and a form of communication. I usually wear something that's comfortable and simple. Colors (or lackthereof) indicate my mood. I always try to look put together/neat, probably my mild OCD.

 I like to wear things that aren't so revealing in the upper area. I agree with Brit. My style is how I feel. I think I look best when I just throw on clothes without thinking.

It's individualism. your own style is what sets you different from other people, it makes you you. an outfit on someone else is totally different when another wears it. Its that confidence and that "swag" that is crucial to one's style. My style: it would be hard to tell you.. because it's always evolving.

It's the most visual way you can express your personality of thoughts, emotions, interests, and values to the way you dress and the mannerisms you hold. It's a reflection of who you are. And the best part is that it's evolving with you so what I may like right now (dark, leather & layers) may change within months or even a week. And in the words of Coco Chanel "Fashion changes, but style remains"!

Style to me is really how you carry yourself. You can be wearing anything like something funky, or something outrageous that no one else has the guts to walk out the door with, but if you rock it like you own it, others will dig your style because you dig it. (Take revolutionary Lady Gaga for example, her style is outrageously amazing right? Because she rocks it with so much confidence.) My style? Right now my mood is basic, so anything basic!

Style is what defines you as an individual. style is not only your outward appearance like what you wear and what you look like, but can also be how you present yourself ie. how you speak and how you act. style is what makes you you... what makes you your own person. to me style is what separates you from every other individual - it is what shows your true colors. your style is your life story, so to speak - people can read what type of person you are by studying your sense of style. it can mean so many different things but predominantly whatever it is that defines who you are as a human being, from music to clothes, to food, to hobbies, to moods- whatever it may be, everyone has it. often times many people can and will judge you off of your style & everyone is different in this world one way or the other so why not show yourself off. the real you! we don't need to watch tv, or listen to the radio, or even stalk celebrities to have style - you find yourself and what's within you, go off of that, & show the world. THAT'S where REAL style is from.

I have no style. I am fashion incompetent! Jessica dresses me lol

Style to me, is wtv the fuck you want it to be. There' s no specific definition. "THINK RICH, LOOK POOR"

Style to me is whatever I sense represents my mood that day thrown into an outfit. I like anything casual, comfortable and warm, especially loose fitting.
♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment