Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

FGR BEΔUTY | HEΔLTH: Vegetable Juice

by Jessica

The other day before class, a friend offered me his vegetable juice that he didn't want. I decided to take it because I realized vegetables are sparsely ever in my diet. Good thing I did because I had the best energy rush ever from any drink I've ever had! The energy lasted all day as well! On top of having energy that lasts, a daily dose of this juice can help lower cholesterol and maintain your weight (or lower if paired with a nutritional diet and exercise).

There are many recipes for vegetable juice, but here is one that both my mother and I have tried with completely satisfactory results:
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/4 bittermelon
  • 1 whole granny smith green apple
Wash and cut all ingredients to fit into the juicer. Strain away the foam and enjoy! The taste might be a bit harsh at first, but you will get used to it.

One more thing I should mention, drinking this juice should not take place of consuming raw veggies and fruits. So drink responsibly! (=

♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment