Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

EVENT : Comic-Con 2010 Day Two

Hello, again! Ready for more really late Comic-Con? =]

This was the day I actually talked to people, and let me tell you, one of the smartest things to do. She was a seasoned Comic-Con veteran. She told me all the secrets/strategies/tips. Apparently, if you really want to see something popular, lining up at least 4 hours ahead will get you in the room... Too bad I didn't know that, because I missed the Big Bang Theory panel, which I am a HUGE fan of. =/
Also, in order to move up close to the stage, you have to slowly make your way forward, inching forward... you can't just run to the front hoping for a spot when you're all the way in the back... Didn't know that either, which pushed me back a row or two... (But I recovered as you shall see.)

The line needed its own crossing guards:

Bones
Emily Deschanel (sister to Zooey) and David Boreanaz.

The ultimate geek: Joss Whedon.
Fan - "Did you know that Joss means 'god' in the Filipino language?"
Joss - "Yes... it didn't before me."
HAHAHA.

Here are some females gone rogue!
They're the women that kick butt!
Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost, V); Anna Torv (Fringe); Jena Malone (Stepmom, Donnie Darko, Pride & Prejudice, Into the Wild, The Soloist, Sucker Punch; wow, you go girl!); Ellen Wong (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World); Mary Elizabeth Winstead (The Ring 2, Sky High, Final Destination 3, Grindhouse, Live Free or Die Hard, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World); and Nicole Sperling (Entertainment Weekly writer).

Now after this panel is when I made my way to the front to see... TRUE BLOOD!
This is how I felt; thank you Joe Manganiello (Alcide) for showing the world how I felt.

I am absolutely in love with this show, so I was super happy to be so close to the stage.
Why, yes. That IS a cardboard cutout of Alexander Skarsgard on the far left... he was doing a movie and couldn't make it.
Also missing: Ryan Kwanten... I don't know that that beautiful hunk of man was doing, but it broke my heart.

That day wasn't particularly nice to me because the panel got out so late, so I only had 45 minutes to wander around the Exhibit hall, but I'm glad I did because I discovered the whole other half of the place!


Wolverineeee! And we were also standing in front of Hugh Jackman's costume!!!

Before I left, I saw a friend from high school who was working a booth with her artist friend, and she gave me a great suggestion, which I carried out the next 2 days... and you guys shall see the amazing-ness soon!

Lesson of the Day: Don't be afraid to talk to strangers (okay, be afraid of some of them...) because they can be great sources of information & wisdom. Not to mention, it's great networking! (The friend I made was a film editor, and her friend worked on the set of Inception behind the cameras!!!)
Be (cautiously!!!) friendly to everyone; it'll pay off. ;]

♀♀♀
FGR, Rosebuhd

No comments:

Post a Comment