Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

FGR HΔIR PORTFOLIO: "Give Me Volume!"

This is a recent haircut that I did & I am very pleased with. I love the clients that kind of just let me do my thing without saying much or asking too many questions! My client was a new comer and she had brought her entire family with her (thats what it seemed like, anyway)... She finally sat on my chair and the first thing that I notice is that she is Filipina! I don't know what it is, but for some reason I feel so much more connected whenever any filipino person crosses my path, probably because there is not very many out here in Virginia lol.

We started talking about her hair and immediately she asks for a short cut with lots of volume because her hair tends to get really flat. I'm thinking short & body- got it, I'm so down! Btw, I love doing short cuts because i can play around a lot more with them as far as cutting and styling. @ PMTS, we have "learning leaders" that are assigned to rows and check us in and out before and after haircut and/or chemical service. My learning leader came to my station and asked  what we were doing and I told her that I was going to do a triangle one length w/triangle layers in the back & round layers in the front. She wanted to go really short in the back, almost right at the nape, or where your head and your neck meet for those that have no idea what i'm talking about.

TIP: When cutting hair, you always want to cut off less then what they asked. It leaves room for error & to save length. It's easier to cut hair off then to put it back! ;) 


She also wanted the front longer @ an angle. In hair world, we call this a symmetric haircut aka a bob. After the hair cut, my learning leader came and checked it out, approved it, & then I started my drying process. After giving her a nice blow out, or blow dry, I refined her hair to make sure that all my lines were blended evenly and that the hair had exactly what she asked for- it was definitely short, it had volume, & she loved it. She wanted to go short at the bottom, but still leave length at the top, so i just graduated it a little bit & put a few layers.. very simply... idk about you, but I think I just gained myself a new client ;)

Here's the end result...
(sorry no before pictures :/)
 I know that my first hair post is a little shakey, but please bare with me :)
Please stay tuned for more haircuts, tips, & tricks!

Yours Truly!

♥♀


Δ

FGR, legitimatelife$tyle

No comments:

Post a Comment