Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

ΔDVENTURES WITH DEΔNΔFΔYE: Music In The Park

In the summertime, the City of San Jose, California puts on amazing shows every Thursday. What is this called, you ask? Music in the Park. Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, the shows vary from Classic Rock, to Alternative, to R&B, to Latin, to Jazz, and to the most popular: Reggae. These series of shows have brought together thousands of people together to experience and to admire the beauty of music, and most importantly to enjoy themselves by having fun. Music has always been known to let the spirit free, and that's exactly what these shows have done.


I finally made it out there yesterday to see the show I COULD NOT MISS.. THE MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE SHOW. The show was unbelievable and was totally amazing. I am one of the biggest Michael Jackson fans, and after his death, it made me so grateful that people were still able to love his music and reminisce on those moments that those songs would bring back.


The tribute was done by the band called Foreverland. I was so amazed because those dudes that rocked the stage represented every ounce of love for Michael that it didn't matter what race they were. Michael affected so many lives of people ALL OVER THE WORLD. The amount of different faces that I interacted with and experienced this show with were endless. It was amazing to see everyone just having a good time, losing themselves to songs like "Rock With You", "Billie Jean", "Thriller", "Off the Wall" and not to mention, they also played a few Jackson 5 songs. There were thousands, literally thousands, of people out there that made it out to watch the show. Some who brought their own seats, some who brought blankets, and some who just wanted to stand. I was a stander haha. Numerous times while I was standing, I would stop and look around (you know people-watching) to see everyone just take in the music and how they reacted differently, but yet, the same. Everyone was dancing and everyone was singing along; age or race did not discriminate. I was singing and dancing along with the Asian people in front of me, the African American people to the left of me, the Latinas and Latinos to the right of me, and the Caucasian people behind me. The feeling was unexplainable. The power of Michael Jackson's music is eternal and purely timeless.

There is about 3 more Thursdays left for San Jose's Music in the park, so DO NOT MISS OUT. Bring your significant other, bring your family, bring your friends, bring anybody, and just go out there and have a good time. Until then, Deana Faye is outta here! :) Toodles!




Long live the KING OF POP.



♀♀♀
FGR,
deanafaye

No comments:

Post a Comment