Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

FGR TIPS: Thrifting

Times are tough, money isn't flowing out my account, and I think it's about that time to help people out. If you thrift, holla to you. If you sew your own clothes, more power to that! I recently received a very special sewing machine from my great-grandmother and I feel so blessed to have it knowing it was hers. 'To all my ladies in the place, with style and grace,' allow me to help you guys out! Gone broke? Didn't get paid? No worries! The richest are those who know how to make the best out of everything, especially with clothes! So here is FGR giving you some handy-dandy tips on thrifting.

Note: You can always find something better at a thrift store, trust me.


FGR'S TIPS FOR THRIFT SHOPPING:

  1. REMEMBER WHY YOU'RE GOING. Make a list of the things you need in your closet that you can't afford at an expensive retail store. A chain purse, vintage boots, over-sized coats and/or shirts, etc. Use this list to help guide you so that you don't end up coming out a thrift store unhappy with one item.
  2. DON'T BE PICKY! One of my pet peeves are picky people, I can't stand it when people say they're going to look fat in things or it's not their color when they haven't tried it on. Pick up anything that catches your eye, because you can always transform it into something new which I will help you with later.
  3. TAKE YOUR TIME. It's always best to take your time, with almost everything. Rushing things don't get you anywhere, and it doesn't give you time to think. Taking your time with thrift shopping is extra important because you will most likely end up liking something you see on your way out the door.
  4. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. Paying attention to your personal style is obviously okay, but if you think outside of it you may be able to tweak around with it and make something better!
  5. BRING YOUR CREATIVITY! Creativity and patience is key. Take a look around at belts, bags, shoes, even furnishings. There is always something better you can make out of something dull.
♀♀♀
FGR, abbyboobie

No comments:

Post a Comment