Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

ΔDVENTURES WITH SUNSHINE: Indian Birthday Party

My friend Aaron invited me to his birthday celebration who he shared with his young brother Ryan. I was super juiced to be invited because he's Indian.... & Indian parties are crrrazy fun! Now I haven't been to an Indian party prior to this one, but I've watched Bollywood movies, talked to my Indian friends about their culture & I use to obsess over India in general. 

First thing that came to my mind was, "What the hell am I going to wear?" I asked Aaron if his mother had a saari I could borrow, but he didn't find out right away. I knew I just had to come in with the right attire, so the day of the party, I went out and shopped. I went to lunch with Dustin & Rachel & they joined me on an adventure to find the right saari. We went on a 4 hour bike ride & I found my outfit!

I was ready for a night of great food, good company & a whole lot of dancing!

Appetizers
My lovely date
Ace Of Spades
I didn't get a saari, but I bought a suit!
I couldn't even finish my appetizers cause I came late and it was already time to dance!
Beautiful!
Open bar heyyyyy!
Best dressed goes to Aaron's mama!
Ace Of Spades is one delicious ass champagne.
Gorgeous!
Indian Conga line?
Birthday boy! Dancing without my sandals was no bueno. There was broken glass.
Seriously, everyone needs an Indian friend!
YUMMM!
I love Indian food!
Hey DJ!
Butter Chicken over everything!
The other birthday celebrant.
MUAH MUAH MUAH!
Indian soul train? DOOPE!
Song of the night: Down - Jay Sean
Anusha.
Avantika.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM!

It was one hell of a night! Everything I expected and more. I just can't wait till they get married! I'm in there like swimwear! :] The next day I woke up with my body sore from dancing, but mostly my shoulders. LOL

One last thing, everyone seriously needs to go to an Indian party! You're missing out if you don't!

♀♀♀
FGR, sunshine

2 comments:

  1. indian soul train line funny cause i did a post about the soul train check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an absolutely fabulous party! I want to experience this.

    ReplyDelete