Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

LIFE'S TREΔSURES: Silver & Gold

It's been around 2.5 years since my accident. A lot of people have walked in and out of my life along the years, but those who've stuck by me have helped make a lot of things possible which gives me a push and more to look forward to. 

My most favorite memory would be my trip to a rave for the first time in a wheelchair. I used to be uncomfortable in crowded public places because I was self conscious but spur of the moment I felt like over coming my fears so I just went for it. Plus, I felt like I was missing out staying couped up in my room. So it turns out it wasn't bad at all I had such an amazing time. Just that one event made me comfortable with myself around other people which eventually led me to slowly re-enter the society more confidently.  

My most favorite accomplishments so far would be going back to school and going back to physical therapy. They're both very challenging but every time I learn something new, that feeling of accomplishment is so addictive, rewarding, and a constant reminder of my potential and capabilities.

Family and friends made this journey tolerable and it's been quite an adventure.




♀♀♀
FGR, tammy

5 comments:

  1. tammy, can i just say that you are super inspirational. we don't know each other but reading your posts i feel lucky to get a glimpse into your life. your perseverance, courage, and glass-is-half-full attitude is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly admire and respect you for being able to speak about everything you go through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for reading and your kind words :)
    -tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree i agree! Tammy i love you and am very happy you are apart of my life! still never ate pho cause im waiting for you! since 03 baby!!!

    ReplyDelete