Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MUSIC: Justin Nozuka

Alright, I need to tell you about Justin Nozuka. He is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, and stealer of my heart. He describes his music as acoustic soul, and I agree with that wholeheartedly. He has one of the most soulful voices I've ever heard, and his songs are original and amazing (albeit some are a bit depressing).He's opened for Stevie Wonder, will open for Ms. Mary J. Blige in October, has a fan in Glee's Kevin McHale (Artie!), and got a compliment from the beautiful Ms. India.Arie via Twitter.
After Tonight - a classic; you'll fall in love with this song.
In addition to wonderful songs, he also has a beautiful soul; you can tell by just listening to his music (listen: "I'm In Peace") and hearing what he has to say in interviews. I've had the honor of meeting him quite a few times after his shows, and he is so humble, even with tons of girls screaming his name.
Not going to even lie, I've met him so much that he even recognized me... =X (Not my fault though, he chose to come to my school 3 times.) I've also met 2 of his band members; wonderful guys.
Why do I love him? Well, he loves his mom! He named his first album after her, Holly! He also has a song on there for her that puts my thoughts and feelings for my own mom into words.
Hmm, he also respects FEMALES. According to an interview, he thinks that women are amazing and strong because we can grow life inside of us. Probably realized this after seeing his mother raise 7 children on her own.
He does fundraisers for charity! One of my all-time favorite things to do.
Have you seen those eyes? How about those tattoos? *Drools*
From his new album, "You I Wind Land and Sea," this is his first single:
My Heart Is Yours.
Now this is one of the sadder songs he wrote; some of my friends and I have cried listening to this song.
Save Him
A little about him:
He is 21 years old. He is half Japanese and White. He was born in New York, raised in Canada. For you Degrassi fans out there, you may have seen him in an episode with his brothers (Chester, Chuck and Chad, anyone?!). He can moonwalk, that's right, LEGIT MOONWALK.

Hopefully I've hooked you just like I did with my own friends. =] Now seems like a great time to tell you that he is starting his tour starts this week! Go! You have to see what a great live performer he is. For you Californians, I have 4 dates for you! [His prices are pretty reasonable, too, so don't let that be a barrier! This includes service charges!]
9.07.10 - Solana Beach @ The Belly Up Tavern (21+) [$20]
9.08.10 - Anaheim @ The House of Blues Anaheim [$23.75]
9.09.10 - Los Angeles @ El Rey Theatre [$23]
9.10.10 - San Francisco @ The Great American Music Hall [$24]
Hope to see you there! ;D

If Justin's slow music isn't really your style, please try on George Nozuka for size; he's more R&B... and a gangster... with a BANGIN' body.
Want something a little more artsy? Refer to Henry Nozuka and (adopted) brother Christian Bridges.
Or just want to laugh? That'd be Philip Nozuka. (This video is hilarious, and you get to see Mr. Nozuka.)

Now, you should go PURCHASE his albums. If you need more, he has tons of videos on YouTube from live shows. =]

♀♀♀
FGR, rosebuhd

2 comments:

  1. yaaay! you should go to a show; he always does meet-and-greets after!

    ReplyDelete