Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

FGR HΔIR PORTFOLIO: Low Lights

By: whitley elizabeth
The other night, my very beautiful, spunky regular came in at school for yet another hair cut, root re-touch, & to mix it up a bit, some low lights!

This is what her hair looked like before our process began:
She stated that she didn't like how gold and brassy her hair was, so she wanted something to sort of tone it down a notch - she also mentioned that her husband insisted on her growing her hair out but she decided otherwise and totally left her hair in my hands! :) I love her so much because she lets me do whatever I want & doesn't complain! She is totally awesome!

For those of you who do not know what low lights are, they are basically hair color @ least two shades darker then the natural color of the hair in which are sectioned off into thin slices to a) break up really light color around the head, a&/or b) to add dimension to the over all look of the hair. I think that the low light technique is beautiful & I am glad that Mrs. Theresa was willing to let me perform that technique on her that night. It turned out absolutely amazing & I am very proud of myself! (:

My Formulations:

Root Re-Touch - 2oz 9n + 20 Volume Cream Developer = 35 Minutes Processing Time
Low Lights - 1/2 6NB + 1/2 7NB + 20 Volume Cream Developer = 35 Minutes Processing Time


My Results:


Since Mrs. Theresa always gives me full reign with how to cut her hair, I always take full advantage. I know that she loves fun, short pixie cuts & likes a little bit of volume. I also know that she had a mean cowlick right above her occipital so i need to be very careful on how much I cut off. This time, I decided to go with a Round Graduation in the back with a point towards the center- also keeping the sides a little bit longer than usual. All in all, she loved her cut and color! It was indeed a successful night!
♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment