Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

FGR HΔIR PORTFOLIO: Student Service Night

by whitley elizabeth

So, in PMTS we do this things called Student Service night. Student Service Night is basically one single night scheduled at every end of the month where future professionals can get their hair done by other future professionals at a cheap cost. The future professionals have to be caught up with all of their work including worksheets and tests, as well as have pretty good attendance within that month. Haircuts are free but they do ask that we pay $5 per bowl of color used if we are performing a color service. Our Student Service Night for the month of August was last night (08.31.10) & I ended up performing a color service on one of my good friends, Sophie Rodrigues. I wasn't planning on doing anyones hair & I most definitely wasn't planning on letting someone do my own, but I've been wanting to get my paws on Sophie's hair for the longest.

A few months back when we did Emily's beautiful red and orange combination, we decided that we wanted to take Sophie into the violet world. We were going to do something funky and cool, but we never got around to it. Last night, to save on time, we ended up doing something very simple and easy and bring her just to one color all over.

This is Sophie when she was at about a level 7 - very red, very dry, & due for a trim(:
It appears darker in this picture than what it really was, but its okay. You get my point...


Now, she also had a few peek-a-boos in her hair on the sides which were at one point lifted to about a 9 with purple and pink Ink Works over top of it, so we tried to cover that as well, although it wasn't going to get full coverage.The Formula:
3oz 3V PM Shines + 2oz Clear Shines + 5oz Processing Liquid = 20 Minutes/ No heat

The application was very simple - just slap it on the hair from scalp to ends & make sure that each strand of hair is fully saturated. Sophie then processed for 20 minutes and then we rinsed her. Since Sophie was my client for the night, I treated her like any other client of mine and gave her an amazing & relaxing hair wash. I used the Tea Tree line that Paul Mitchell offers, as well as some Extra Body cocktailed together. I gave her a nice scalp massage as well! :) We rinsed her hair thoroughly and until the water ran clean, and then we began our next step.

I wanted to try a new cutting technique that I learned in my salon- it's called the star cut. Basically, I was going to give her more body by doing triangle layers, pushing more hair up and to the front, leaving her length the same. I trimmed her perimeter in to a round one-length so my over all look was basically a round one-length with triangle layers. There are multiple ways to achieve triangle layers, but I decided to put to use what I had learned at work & it turned out awesome.


I love to finish! IDK if I've said it before in my previous posts, but finishing is my favorite! I get to see my creations in full effect - from color to cut. I used the round brush drying method and over-directed the hair completely forward for maximum volume. Sophie has a lot of hair & looks so good full!

After cutting & drying, we went to go get some munchies and then came back and did some face framing!

Our End Result:

A Beautiful, rich violet color! Smooth, sexy, fresh, & weightless! Doesn't she look sexy?! :)



Until next time, FGR readers! Peace, Love, & Creativity <3

99% Classy.

♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment