Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

FGR STYLE: Another Look 002

By: Britnay
This weekend is my scandalous weekend. I say that because I had a conversation with my friend and she had told me that I seem very self-conscious of my body. She said she never understood because I eat healthy (vegetarian since 2004), I walk everywhere and I ride every time I get a chance. 

For me personally I always had that confidence issue on if I looked good. It was always "Will I look stupid?," "Will someone make fun of me?" or "Will he think I'm cute?" Then I came to realization that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. It matters what I think and how I feel about myself. 

Society brainwashes our heads & forces an ideal look. We get so caught up in it that we don't realize that we are just damaging our emotions trying to portray an image that is non-existent. 2% of women are what society thinks is that ideal look. That's 98% of realness that is overlooked and unappreciated. So I declare this weekend my scandalous weekend. Not scandalous as in slutty, but out of the norm, let's lift up my confidence and feel good that I look good.


Last night, I went to the 1st Friday art crawl with my homegirl. We later met up with some friends and took over the dance floor. I haven't laughed that much in so long. My cheeks were hurting by the end of the night. I decided to recreate and outfit that I found through lookbook.nu (American Apparel.) Instead of shopping at the store. I got the lace dress from Wet Seal, the tube tank Target and I made the skirt. The white belt was borrowed from a friend. Not seen are my boots that I got from Shiekh.

What do you think?

I love this song! There's a lyric in here that's my favorite that states "You say you dropping 10 pounds preparing for summer/And you don’t do it for the man, men never notice/You just do it for yourself you’re the f-cking coldest"
♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment