Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

FGR STYLE | DIY: Knitting

By Rosebuhd

Alright, alright, I know that I'm 21 years old, but knitting is nice! To be quite honest with you, I have an old soul. =P
I've successfully made 2 scarves, which Miss Sunshine is modeling for you. ;]
I started knitting because one of my New Years resolutions was to live in the moment; and that was one of the suggestions that came up when I Googled it. It's more about noticing the feelings and recognizing the input from your senses, than the "endangerment of your life" kind of living.
Not to mention, it's great for my dexterity and patience, somethings I'll need in my future career.

You can be creative with it, too. You can change colors in one scarf, you can make hats, gloves, blankets, scarves, and whatever else you can find on the internet. Maybe you can even figure out how to make something on your own. Don't limit yourself... except maybe on the first try, to get your sea-legs.

If you want to learn how to knit, you can just Google and YouTube, "How to Knit"
This video gave a lot of useful information.

There are a lot of other videos about how to fix your mistakes, (i.e. fixing a dropped stitch, etc) and how to end a project, so don't give up if you find it to be difficult. It takes patience, so don't rush it!

Go create, lovelies!

♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment