Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

ROGUE MUSIC | EVENT: Power To The Peaceful

By: Sunshine

First off, I want to apologize for not blogging as often. I've been so busy trying to get things together behind-the-scenes that I end up not blogging as often, if ever. 

Anywho, about two weeks ago on September 11th, SF held an event in Golden Gate Park to promote peace. Hence the name "Power To The Peaceful". It was practically a free concert to promote peace. There was music, art, food, organizations, vendors & hippies of all kind. There was no doubt this event brought people together in peace. There was masses of people coming together singing songs & sharing smiles

Prior to knowing about this event, my family planned to stay in SF for the whole weekend. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a hotel around the area & I assumed everyone was booked because of this event. Knowing that my parents were coming to SF later that night, I decided to take my brother along to have an adventurous day.
We decided to take BART because we were getting a ride home from my parents anyways.
 Our bus ride to Haight Street was very... interesting... I was mostly annoyed because of this group of douche bag  kids(well pre-teens) were being, well, douche bags.
Lunch on Haight.
Blondie's
 Goes to show, Jeffery Campbell knock offs from Forever 21 don't & will not last. Especially when walking the streets of SF. So I had to grab a new pair at Crossroads.
 After walking back & forth on Haight, we started heading towards
 Getting closer....
O.O This wasn't even the event!
 After what felt like a journey to White Castle, we arrived at our destination.
 Sea of people! This was just the back too!
 See that mass of smoke in the air? It's definitely not from SF's fog....
I wish I thought of doing this.
 RACHEL!!!!! My BFFFFFFFFF!!!!
 Oh how I love my state.
Broham.
 THIS is the front.... YES... a shxtload of peaceful people! lol
 be peace now.
 Grandma gettin it! This was one of the things I enjoyed at this event! Seeing people of all ages just coming together to enjoy a lovely day.
 I pretty surprised that we got up to front.
 "I know, one thing, that I love you!"
 There were plenty of people rockin their dreads, but hers was by far the best.
 I love exploring with my brother because he usually doesn't mind my rants about life & random thoughts on random subjects.
 Thanks Jackie for your hand! Lol Power To The Peaceful!
 Beautiful! I love seeing woman with white hair. Shows so much strength & they look so wise!
 Loooooooong...
 Not your everyday snack. ;]
 Heading over to meet my parents!
 Thanks for the ride Reese!
 I'd give her my second kidney if i had to!
 
 YUUUUUMMM!
I love my new wedges.
 
Yet another successful adventure!
♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment