Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

ROGUE MUSIC | INTRODUCING: We Are Scientists

By: Rosebuhd

I wanted to share with you the band "We Are Scientists" who are of the alternative rock genre. My friend sent me some of their music to introduce me to them around 2 years ago, and I really did come to like it even though it wasn't "my type" of music.

This was directed by a member of "The Lonely Island" cuz they're buddies.
Listen to "The Great Escape" too!

I had the pleasure of seeing them perform live when they came to my school, and I got to meet and talk with Keith Murray, the lead singer. He was such a pleasant and funny guy. (Yes, we even talked of Aristotle and his theories.)
I also want to get into: when I was in high school, I had a friend who was really into hip-hop/rap music, and if I listened to other types of music, she would call me, "white-washed" or weird, so I barely ever listened to anything else. That didn't make me anymore cool or more of a "gangster" though. It's okay to listen to rock or acoustic or country! Expand your horizons! You might miss out on your new favorite song. Or meeting a really cool lead singer. ;]

Eff labels and what the world thinks. ("You're a poser" <- dumbest insult ever) Go rogue.

♀♀♀

No comments:

Post a Comment