Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

MUSIC: Diplo "Florida"


While doing my radio show (90.5FM KSJS San Jose,CA), I was going through old music just to see what I could find. Just my luck I came across the 2004 Diplo album "Florida." For some of you who don't know Diplo aka Diplomodus aka Wes Diplo, Wes Gully. Diplo is originally from Tupelo, MS and spent most of his life in South Florida. But after sending his demo to being signed to Big Dada Records he relocated to Philidelphia.

He has a mix of 80s pop, electronica, dirty south, miami bass and hip hop with an influence of Baltimore Club Mix. In 2004, the Pirarcy Funds Terrorism mixtape Vol.1 which featured British Sri Lakan MC M.I.A named him DJ of the Year in 2005. This mixtape became a heavy impact in the alternative electro-pop scene.

Within this mix, Diplo created this genre of Brazillian and street youth called funk carioca or baile music. Later he created a label called Mad Decent. For many, he is best known for producing and starting up the career for artist M.I.A and currently Robyn.

I'm glad that I found this album in the on-air studio and instantly imported it into my iPod. There's a lot of cool instrumental hip-hop & electro beats that I'm sure will make your head knock!

CLICK HERE TO ENJOY.


♀♀♀
FGR, britnay

No comments:

Post a Comment