Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ΔDVENTURES WITH WHIT: VA Beach

This passed weekend was nice - I spent it with my favorite girls Briana & Diana... Definitely my partners in crime! <3 We decided to take another trip to Virginia Beach to have fun in the sun as well as visit my dope ass cousin, Esmel Meeks! We had a good time.

Friday: Diana and I worked at the salon up until about 6:30-7pm. We work next to a Giant grocery store, so you know we hit that up to buy some road trip goodies which included; mini oreos, cup of noodles, skittles (sours & crazy cores), sodas, and most definitely water. We picked up a few more miscellaneous items, too.

 D left to pick up Bri from her house and then I left 30 minutes after to meet up at D's house. I got there as D was packing her entire room for ONE day! Then she cut my hair because I was complaining all day about how much I really didn't like my hair after that catastrophe of a hair cut I got a week before! After my make over, we rolled out.

On the road for 3 hours, we had finally arrived around 11:30pm at what was supposed to be our hotel @ the Sheraton in Norfolk, VA. When we get there, we figure out that there is no parking in front of the hotel but on the side in a parking garage! But it was cool, a little walking isn't so bad. We enter inside and begin to check in & then it starts! The man tells us that we cannot check in until saturday at 3pm! My cousins friend hooked us up with a room for $56 for two nights but it was reserved for the 21st! the day after we get there... so we are like oook? wtf do we do now. We call my cousin 27 times to see wassup, but he fell asleep on us after we had spoken on the phone just an hour before. So you already know we were pissed. Well I wasn't as pissed, but Bri and D were LIVID! haha. So, anyways.. there was a Marriott across the street that we ended up checking in at, for another $111. We didn't really feel like coughing up money that we didn't need to in the first place, but we had no choice so we did anyways. We lugged all of our stuff back to the car, skipped out on paying for the parking, & moved on to the next one. Of course they only had Valet parking, so that was another $16 we needed to pay for one night. I don't really remember what we did when we got to the marriott, but i'm sure we were geekin' the entire night.






Saturday: We woke up, gathered our stuff to move on to the first hotel that we went to. Before checking in, we decided to lay out at the beach. I also decided that I was going to get my nose pierced. I've always said that I wanted to get it done, so finally I got the perfect opportunity to do it, so I did! I made sure that it was legit though since it was only $25! You CANNOT beat that! I just had to take advantage.

At first I was debating on it, then I got really smacked and decided to get it done with... ahaha, you could only imagine. But I must say, it didn't hurt at all. Whoever hyped up that whole experience and said it hurt was definitely exaggerating. I was in & out. It was crazy! but anyways, after the beach we went to the McArthur mall - it was sickkk! It had every store possible, I promise! We walked around for a while, ate at Chili's, then went back to the hotel to check in.

Later on that night, my cousin Meeks & his boys finally showed up and we all just kicked back and relaxed- hit it a few times, took a walk, & enjoyed each others company.. it was a beautiful night indeed!

Sunday: We woke up, got ourselves together, & rolled out. We didn't get home until 6 hours later! But it's cool. The trip was still fun! :) Can't wait to do it again soon! <3

♀♀♀
FGR, whitley

No comments:

Post a Comment