Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

VIDEO: Woman to Woman- Thea Monyee

By: Deana Faye


I can watch this specific spokenword video over and over and over. This by far, is one of my favorite poems ever. Because of her cleverness and her confidence, Thea Monyee's piece makes me really appreciate the power of a woman.. and hopefully it makes men appreciate it too. Word to all the females who have a man: keep eyes on him. Keep the leash tight but ALWAYS give him slack. And if he does cheat, leave his ass. But in the common chance that you can't because it's been too long of a relationship (as some people may say).. put both parties in check-- WITH CLASS! Just take Thea Monyee's words as entertainment and as notes, and maybe you might pick up a little somethin something, or just find this highly entertaining and very empowering.
"he gets real still as he lays between the sheets.. and now he's tuning you out now he's picturing me, 'cause you put up with that shit that I just won't deal with.. BECAUSE I'M STRONG IN WHO I AM."

Enjoy.


♀♀♀

1 comment: